"Mom, I'm going to Boston the weekend before I go to Chicago for a baby shower at my awesome in-laws. Do you want to throw me a shower while I'm in Cincy?"
How can a Mom a say no to a lead in like that? Of course, being the great Mom that she is, she said, "Of course what a great idea!" In the back of her head she was thinking, "Doesn't this kid read our blog and know that our house is under construction with a dumpster and port-a-potty out front? There's no way we can entertain here."
Then I upped the ante, "Perfect, but can we do it on a weeknight because I still want to spend the weekend in Chicago with you and Am."
"Anything for you dear." I think I heard her mutter something under her breath about how I have no idea what's coming in three months!
With that, Mom enlisted Mary Jo as the hostess and a plans for a wonderful shower began.
The shower almost had to go on without me as I was delayed in Massachusetts a day due to eight inches of snow and arrived a couple of hours before the shower. Can you have a body double at a shower? Use a pillow for the noticeable "baby bump"?
Amber, Ann, Mom, Erin, Holly, and Mary
Erin, Holly, Kari, and Big Momma
I got to see a lot of friends I hadn't seen in a long long time, and we had a great time catching up. It was wonderful to see everyone!
Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of the hostess because she was busy hosting and I was busy being pampered. We had a sit-down dinner with chicken cacciatore and it was delicious. I was stuffed.
The theme of the shower was to bring a book to help Hubby and I get our library started. The books were so cute and I'm looking forward to reading them to the baby. I did not do a good job taking pics, I was too busy looking at gifts and smiling repeatedly for Mom and her camera.
For dessert we had wonderful chocolate cake from the Wyoming bakery...

I love the stork! Where else would babies come from? I would have felt bad about cutting into the cute design, but I know how yummy the cake is and it would be a shame not to eat it. Fortunately the leftovers went with Sarah, Deseree, and Anthony back to Columbus, so I wasn't tempted to eat cake for the next few days!
Mary Jo was incredibly gracious to host my shower at her house and she didn't even let us help with the dish clean up! I had a great night all around!
The next night in Cincy, Mom cooked up a storm and invited family over for a feast.

Taylor, Kevin, Amber, Mary, Samantha, Mom, Don, Liz, and Micheal
I got to see a lot of friends I hadn't seen in a long long time, and we had a great time catching up. It was wonderful to see everyone!
Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of the hostess because she was busy hosting and I was busy being pampered. We had a sit-down dinner with chicken cacciatore and it was delicious. I was stuffed.
The theme of the shower was to bring a book to help Hubby and I get our library started. The books were so cute and I'm looking forward to reading them to the baby. I did not do a good job taking pics, I was too busy looking at gifts and smiling repeatedly for Mom and her camera.
For dessert we had wonderful chocolate cake from the Wyoming bakery...
I love the stork! Where else would babies come from? I would have felt bad about cutting into the cute design, but I know how yummy the cake is and it would be a shame not to eat it. Fortunately the leftovers went with Sarah, Deseree, and Anthony back to Columbus, so I wasn't tempted to eat cake for the next few days!
Mary Jo was incredibly gracious to host my shower at her house and she didn't even let us help with the dish clean up! I had a great night all around!
The next night in Cincy, Mom cooked up a storm and invited family over for a feast.
The meal was terrific and we all had so much fun talking and eating. It was great seeing Kevin and Mary in action with Taylor and Samantha, I might as well sleep from now until the baby comes to build the energy it takes to parent!
From last blog's poll reading a book came in on top for ways to entertain a baby, with playing with a toy as a close second. I'm sure I'll soon become an expert in all manners of entertaining a baby!
This blog, with March Madness in full swing, who is your pick for the national championship?
From last blog's poll reading a book came in on top for ways to entertain a baby, with playing with a toy as a close second. I'm sure I'll soon become an expert in all manners of entertaining a baby!
This blog, with March Madness in full swing, who is your pick for the national championship?
2 comments:
nice blog but no mention of how well-behaved brutus has become since you last saw him?!
What wonderful fun! As for the baby shower idea "introduction"- 1)Any excuse for a party works for me- and I knew this party would be great fun- all the people coming are great fun, 2)I knew before I asked that Mary Jo would have the shower- that's what a great friend- and great person she is!; 3)After a life time with children it's hard to say you're ever really "surprised" by a suggestion- And 4) We would have had the party with or without the mother-to-be- though we were glad she made it out of the snowy east coast!
And yes- we all can't wait to see all the changes this new little one is going to make in Will and Brandy's life- I think she's going to out number them.
And the party was great fun!
And it is always so nice to have a family gathering- and this one was so much fun. So Brandy- thanks for giving us all an excuse to have such a great time! Love you! MOM
Post a Comment