How much fun can two people have, especially when one of them is still in the womb? In a word alot, in two words, a lot. Baby and I were spoiled last week with a bevy of baby showers and a trip to one of America's greatest cities (the greatest if you ask Am, but I lean more east). I'll give each event it's own blog, the least they deserve....
About a month ago Annie and Maggie (in-laws extraordinaire) offered to throw a baby shower for me and baby in Massachusetts. I eagerly accepted, not realizing at the time, it meant that the next several weeks I would have my baby registry checked and evaluated daily by Annie to make sure I listed everything we would need for our new arrival. I failed miserably (Do babies really need more than three onses? Apparently, a lot more. Now I know.). It took me a few tries, but eventually I got a passing score, or she gave up, I'm not sure!
Baby and I were welcomed to Mass on Friday and the spoiling started immediately with homemade chocolate covered pretzels waiting at the house.
Maggie showing off the goodies she and Annie put together!
Saturday brought the main event with a cake suitable for the day...
Totally cute and with a taste to match! The inside was chocolate and strawberry mousse, very very yummy. Maggie kept "forgetting" to give cake to the guests as they left, and I was pretty impressed with how much cake I ate over the weekend. Baby got her sugar high that's for sure!
Annie put together the most adorable decorations, a mix of onses, bibs, and blankets rolled up with a baby on top and a ribbon wrapped around.
The shower was amazing, friends and family arrived and we had a wonderful time catching up. It was great to see everyone.
Danielle, Paula, Maggie, and Robin
Jessica, Annie, me, and Little Merced
Little Merced, Mal, Roz, Louise, and Mercedes
Nikki and Lola
The gifts were absolutely fantastic, I can't believe how well dressed and outfitted this child will be. I'm going to have to get a new wardrobe just so I don't embarrass her when we go out! One of the best things about the shower was the seven (sorry if I missed one) mother-daughter pairs. It makes me so excited to think that I'm going to get to raise a little girl and get to do mother-daughter events together.
The shower was so much fun and it was wonderful to see so many friends and family. The party lasted well into the night and best of all, I managed to stay awake until the end!
We had a great weekend, even though a snowstorm delayed Annie and my departure by a day. The snow was an excellent excuse to spend the day vegging out and finish the cake and chocolate! I didn't want Maggie to have to throw anything out before she went back to healthy eating and the gym after a splurge weekend.
Last blog's poll was close to divided, several UFC fans (at least one more than Hubby and I). We think it is great to watch and hopefully it will gain in popularity. It is much much better than boxing, boxing looks slow motion compared to UFC.
This week, what is your favorite way to entertain a baby?
4 comments:
I so enjoyed the blog! And you are indeed so very lucky to have such great in-laws. And this baby girl is going to be the best dressed around! Love you! MOM
PS- yep- we are going to have to work a bit on your wardrobe- not that New England Patriots sweatshirts and pants shouldn't be plenty????
I can't vote. The best way for me is to leave the kids together and sneak away. Facebook, a magazine, a pee break with no one around, those are my favorites. I did, however, entertain Reeder with paints and Hayes with a ball popper so I could finish watching America's Next Top Model. I think I'm a parenting model, btw.
You look beautiful pregnant!
Didn't the title of this say "Part 1"???
Post a Comment