Sunday, November 2, 2008

My Georgia Peach


There is such thing as color in Las Vegas, you just have to provide it yourself. When Hubby was courting me, rather than duel any other suiters, he brought me a Georgia Peach rose bush to replace the tree in the front lawn that broke in half during a high wind (think Vegas tree, it was only 4 inches in diameter). He further impressed me by planting the rose bush and ensuring it would survive.

During the summer, the rose struggles in our 100+ temperature, but now that it has cooled down to the 80's (nope, not a type-0), it is flourishing. The other day I counted at least 20 buds ready to bloom! Here are a few pics I took....
















Not bad for fall colors in the desert.

As for last blog's poll, first, thanks to those who noticed I used the wrong "sheik", good work, I was informed the appropriate form was "chic"! In any event, the poll was widely split, almost even, no choice received more than 2 votes. Chic American cities was the only choice to receive no votes and considering many of my family are living in these cities, there would be no need for you to vacation to there. I chose camping in the mountains, but would happily partake in any vacation available, and am eagerly awaiting a Thanksgiving vacation to a mountain cabin in Yosemite.

This blog's poll tackles a subject already touched in other family blogs....Christmas advertisement timing.

8 comments:

Sharon said...

Gorgeous!
i like the american flag rose pic. it made me giggle. (i hope me giggling is not offensive, it just reminded me of the whole REAL AMERICAN/FAKE AMERICAN thing)

Nurse Horrible said...

I really do enjoy November rosebuds. But only when they're natural. I don't like the unnatural varietals.

Did the hubster make a corsage for you to wear out of this peachy rosebush?

Maxanna said...

Wow! The pics blew me away- Are you sure you didn't copy and paste from a Georgia O'Keefe picture for the first- Incredible beauty. That Will knows how to impress- and keep impressing. The roses are beautiful! Love you! MOM

Don said...

First the pictures, wonderful!. But it takes really nices roses to make good pics. One real advantage you have in the desert is no humidity, so you aren't haunted by black spot that always gets to mine sometime in August. So surviving the summer looks like it pays dividends in the fall.

As far as Christmas advertising goes, I would really prefer sometime closer to December 15, but I know that I am far from mainstream. I was pretty put off in early September when we stopped at a Michaels to buy yarn and they were putting up their Christmas stuff.

Amber said...

your pictures are wonderful! kudos to will for buying the bush.

Lucas said...

I'm with everyone else. Gorgeous flowers, gorgeous pictures. Nice job!!! Wish I could smell them too!

The Life and Times of Poose and Hawk said...

I'm not sure what's more impresssive-the pics or that you grew thoes beauties? See ya Sunday!

Anonymous said...

That hubby of yours knew how to catch your heart with roses, and I am so glad!!