Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Ball for All?


Well, that's what I was dreaming about the night before....but Hayes without a nap and Reeder with 102 temperature had other games in mind!


"Don't even think about sitting next to me Aunt B! Talking and eye contact are out of the question as well."


"Okay sis, here's the plan...you spike a fever and I'll cry all night. I'll stop crying long enough for Mommy to doze off and then you ask for a glass of water!" "Perfect Hayes, we'll condition our parents to detest their 'alone time', what a bunch of baloney!"



"Mommy, you'll pay for this night out and so will everyone involved!!!"


The Kappel's looking great! I'll recommend that for next year's Ball, you take your after party clothes with you to the Ball to prevent a return trip to the hotel room!

I'm not sure when the 10:30pm crying session ended, but I do know that the 3:30am crying session had breaks long enough for me to doze off and believe that the worst was over, only for a rested Hayes to begin again. I think the only people that can sleep while Hayes is crying are Hayes and Reeder. They were both remarkably cherry in the morning...or perhaps it was a victory celebration.


"Don't pout Daddy, nobody likes a sore loser, besides, you would have done the same in my situation. Tough times call for tough measures."

"No hard feelings Aunt B, a girl's gotta do, what a girl's gotta do. I can't have my folks thinking date night should be a weekly, or even yearly occurrence, ya know?" With a little coaxing from from Clinton, I even got a good-bye hug!

I had a fun time seeing everyone and it was well worth the trip to Laughlin, maybe next year my brother's Marines will get serious and have their Ball in the gambling capital of the world instead of some postage stamp in between.

As for last week's poll, the majority chose "Thanksgiving +1" or later. There was a tie between "Thanksgiving +1" and "Never", that's what I get for putting sarcasm in the possible answers. One person chose "Halloween +1", which I'm guessing came from either my father-in-law or sister-in-law, because I've never met anyone who loves Christmas more than either of them. We're talking multiple trees, over the top decorations, shopping that began 26 December 2007, and cooking galore! I can't wait to see them (and the rest of my Massachusetts friends and family) over Christmas this year!

This week, I'm curious if there is any consensus on the best romantic comedy ever. I did limit the possible choices to 1980's movies and later. If you love something not on the list, put it in the comments. I thought the choice was obvious, "When Harry Met Sally", but Don feels otherwise. It's okay if he's wrong sometimes, as long as he doesn't make it a habit!

6 comments:

The Life and Times of Poose and Hawk said...

Absolutely hysterical, Clint and I were both cracking up-and the pic of him with HWK, priceless! Thanks a ton! PS-I picked Halloween + 1!

Maxanna said...

I think I'll probably still be laughing from this one when I wake up in the morning- Did you ever capture this adventure or not! What a scream! I love it! The babies won hands down- and they know it! And the rest of us can just keep laughing! Thanks Brandy!
ps I'm with you on the Harry met Sally

Shan said...

What a funny post! I am still chuckling about the eye contact!

Bet you won't "VOLUNTEER" for this sort of nonsense ever again.... will ya?

Amber said...

man, did they make you work! i see that reeder and hayes go the "tough love" route when it comes to adults. and the aunt of the year (possibly decade) goes to you!

Don said...

I think my question is more basic. So why do the Marines insist on have a birthday bash every year? None of the other services seem to do that. And most people give up on birthday parties after 40. This year was 233!!!
Concerning the best romantic comedy - what could be better than one having Andre the Giant as a major character??

Anonymous said...

Brandy - you are a trooper!!! I love the kids commentary - and the picture of them "conspiring"! Hilarious!!!! :)