Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Call it peer pressure.

I'd guess you could call it peer pressure, well family pressure is more appropriate. First it was Poose and Hawk giving cyberspace new standards for cute, then Mom and Don's big adventure, and then I heard all about Mom and Don keeping up with the Petite Flower through her blog, next my lil' sis is bringing us Chicago, I turn my head again and Mom is singing praises for the newest adult member of our family because she introduced the Fiddlehead blog, so here I am joining in on the fun, better late than never. I'll consider it a success if I'm not the last one who falls to family pressure!

For this installment I'll let you in on Hubby's hell week. During his last week off, before starting a new job, I convinced him that we should paint the interior of the house! He quickly enlisted Anne's help, who got us off to a great start. Before we began he made me promise one thing...no pink rooms! Below are the results....


The office, honey yellow


Guest bath, spring green

Guest room, cloud blue

Hall, Manhattan mist (in tribute to NYC, the greatest city in the world)

Living room, Russian blue (tribute to the one country willing to follow our foreign policy lead)

Kitchen, Firecracker (to get a color this bright I had to promise it would bring an increase in cooking efficiency)

Master bath, Grey rain

Master bedroom, Boston Brick (tribute to the city that houses our favorite sports teams), and obviously and explanation is required for the color I like to refer to as "light Boston Brick"

Due to a minor communication malfunction Hubby initially pared the Boston Brick with Athena Green, which a) I couldn't stand b) Clashed w/ the blinds c-z) I couldn't stand, besides lets face it, do any of you believe I could spot clashing colors if he were banging symbols dressed as a zebra? After accepting the fact that we would repaint the bedroom Hubby was too exhausted to put up a fight when I suggested Ponder was the only option for the Boston Brick. Thus, I was unable to keep my promise, but I am pleased with the results.


With any luck I will be capable of blogging once a weekish, if not I feel certain there are a few websites you've yet to review. Before leaving please answer my poll, it will help validate the hours I spent doing the research to find the perfect question.

12 comments:

Nurse Horrible said...

yay!

-matthew

Don said...

I agree with the platinumpusher. We expect a lot out of you. Concerning the question, I did answer, but given that multiple choice questions don't always have the answer I want, I was somewhat hesitant. Nonetheless I will supply it here: Who cares?
DOD

Don said...

I love it! I love it! I love it! And I'm impressed- great beginning. Now you have to know that I even nag- quietly of course- in my passive-aggressive sort of style- when you don't update often enough. But welcome to the this blogging family! Mom

The Life and Times of Poose and Hawk said...

welcome, welcome. great painting! i better get posting before your mother starts calling...

Anonymous said...

Cool site, not sure about the Boston Brick though.... lol
The self portrait in the office was well done.

Sharon said...

awesome!
can i put a link to your blog on my blog?
-s

Genie Bargain Shopper said...

Aunt Karen still wants to know if you have room for your great-grandfather's chest. Let me know.

Genie Bargain Shopper said...

Brandy, my most humble apologies! I was CONFUSED! Okay, I see where I am now, and I actually READ the post instead of just looking at the pictures, and I'm gonna be an Indian giver. I've offered Charles Alfred Wilde's cedar chest (outside is not cedar) to Amber, but I haven't heard from her. I'm skimming email because I am multitasking and sometimes that gets me in trouble! So, forgive me!

Now, I need to go back and read some more to discover where in the world you ARE!

Amber said...

love the blog! love the name! and love the paint! i can't believe you painted another room pink, poor will! we just got back from camping in the up, it was fun but not as intense as i am sure your camping experiences are. love boo

Anonymous said...

Hi Brandy! Just wanted you to know I am reading. Miss seeing you and hope to run a "Turkey Trot" with you sometime in the future. Love you lots from Bluffton
K

Anonymous said...

Hi Brandy. So glad to hear about your setting up house. Although not exactly sure where you are. Walt and I are currently in Boston. Walt is teaching a class here. We will be here until 9/5. Sightseeing is exhausting. We love hearing how you are doing.

Amber said...

After reading over your blog again, I have to call you out on the "Tribute to NYC, the greatest city in the world..." room! I think that means you need to come visit the Windy City so I can set you straight!