Last weekend we had a very special visitor, Grammy made a weekend trip to see the little one. The weekend was filled with play time, play time, play time!
Grammy is so yummy!
Mikayla really does like her food better than she lets on.

Better eat your peaches so you have energy to crawl.
Better eat your peaches so you have energy to crawl.
For the past couple of months now we've been saying "I think she'll crawl any day now." Well "any day" turned out to be this week! It is a mix between a crawl and a slide into third base, but she can move herself in the forward direction with purpose. She's only done it a few times, so the video below is the best I've been able to get. I watched her one time and could see the intent to crawl on her face, but she couldn't get the synapses to fire in the correct order so it turned into a very wiggly sit. I'm sure in few weeks she'll have us wishing everything in the house were elevated a few feet off the ground!
6 comments:
She is so adorable, I think that is the cutest thing I have ever seen....watch out next week you will be wishing she couldn't move. Auntie Anne
OH! How cute! You made my day, thank you so much for sharing!
Okay it is official that is definitely a crawl. I am thinking the Grammy visit and all that play may have led her to the "crawl"!! She is just tooooo cute.
Love,
Grammy Maggie
That is absolutely a CRAWL! Way to go Mikayla! What a cutie:) I do think the "play time" with Grammy Maggie probably gave her just the practice she needed to CRAWL! Can't wait to see it with my own eyes:)
I don't know. It looks more like up on the knees and a lunge forward, more like an inch worm. I'll have to see more evidence next week to make it official.
Don (yep,my computer is gone).
how cute! i love the crawl-REACH approach! thanks for the updates and the video!
Post a Comment