Sunday, July 5, 2009

Who was spoiled more?


Just last week Mom and Don left and I'm not sure who was more spoiled, Hubby and I or Mikayla! They cooked, they cleaned, they fixed things, they held the baby, they held the baby, they held the baby, they held the baby, they held the baby....


Of course a nap from time to time!

During Mom's last visit we ran around Vegas getting everything ready for the baby. This time, with the baby here, we stayed plenty busy in the house doing the baby's favorite things, eat sleep poop, of course.


"Ah, in the hands of a professional!"

I knew that baby's were exhausting, but to experience it is something else entirely! Mom took the morning feedings and let me sleep in, it was fantastic. After a few days I started feeling alive again! We even made it out for a few walks with the B.O.B.

When Mom and Don weren't holding the baby they spent time cooking, cleaning, putting tint on car windows and generally being spectacular!

Unfortunately I didn't have a prize ready when Mom finished changing her 100th diaper for the week.


All the affection was exhausting for Mikayla!

Mikayla experienced quite the shock after Mom and Don left and she actually had to sit in her swing occasionally! Fortunately for her it was only for four days before reinforcements arrived! More on that later.

4 comments:

Maxanna said...

I LOVE, ABSOLUTELY LOVE!, the picture of Don and Mikayla sleeping. So perfect! Grandpa Don does know the drill.
But I had a great time. And am so delighted that I got to share this special time with you, Will- and of course our new little star- Mikayla!
PS- My patients all agree- she is the cutest baby ever!

Don said...

It wasn't too hard to achieve our goals while there. I had minimal feeding duty, zero diaper changing duty, and only occasional holding responsibility. The fix it assignments were pretty easy, so I did have some time to nap and of course based upon my Procter training did some double tasking.

The Life and Times of Poose and Hawk said...

I think her prize was the babe! Sorry that you have to fend for yourself for four days-I hope you can make it until more Grandparents come to spoil her rotten! Love the pics-Don sleeping has to be my favorite! Good thing Mikayla's neck is pretty resilient:)! Keep the pics coming, I love it!

Lucas said...

Great snaps of you all. Glad UD and Max were there to help out. Also glad reinforcements are headed your way. :)