Butterfly exhibit
This is the most belated blog I've written as it is over a month overdue, but since baby is still snuggled in the womb, I'll consider it on time. Last month Mom came out to visit for a week for the purpose of setting up the nursery and getting everything in order for Mikayla's arrival. But before we got to work we took a detour to California to visit Marianne and company.
It was a short visit and we packed it full of activities. We spent our day at the Wild Animal Park in San Diego.
Reeder and I didn't think the animals were that wild, we tamed these in a matter of seconds.
The master at work, no baby too cranky for Grandma to soothe to sleep.
I'm perpetually amazed at how much constant attention and entertainment kids require. If I had made this visit ten months ago I could have considered it an intervention!
Once we made it back to Las Vegas it was nothing but work for the next three days.
Every piece of baby equipment we have (which is a lot thanks to all the friends and family at the showers) was scattered around the nursery and I had avoided touching it until Mom arrived. We spent the days taking off tags, unboxing, washing, sorting, assembling, and shopping for the baby (okay, I got in on the deal as well and got some great maternity tops). Once we had everything we needed, we reassembled to room to look what I think is an adorable little space for this baby.
Not this best lighting, but trust me, it's cute and well organized. And all for a child who won't be able to see more than six inches in front of her face for the first few weeks of life and who will have no recollection of what her nursery looked like!
Then as if decorating the nursery wasn't enough, Mom decided the guest room wasn't appropriately outfitted. She happily went to work sewing pillow cases for decorative pillows that would "tie in the colors of the room". We had Mom busy at the sweat shop until late in the evening before she left.
I stayed up to make sure she stayed on task, I can't have my free labor quitting on me!
We had a great visit and I'm feeling ready for our new arrival, she should be here in three weeks, but no more than four. I apologize for not having better pregnancy pics, they are on Mom's camera, so you'll have to wait for her blog.
From last blog's poll, hotdogs won by a landslide, they're my favorite baseball game food as well, so I can't blame you.
This blog's poll is short and sweet.
5 comments:
Oh! How cute!! I know she will love it. `
I was wondering what she was doing that whole time. She said she worked and worked and worked, but this is the first evidence to back her up, so I guess I will have to believe her now.
I thought all babies were born on their due date.
I love the nursery! It's so cute and I am very glad there was no intervention...get ready!
the nursery looks so adorable :) AND the first pic of the butterflies is REALLY PRETTY. hope your well, you're blog posts always make me giggle.
Brandy the nursery looks so cute I cant' wait to see it in person!! I am counting down the days till July 1st!!
Post a Comment