Thursday, January 15, 2009

Celebration Continues

As if two huge Christmas celebrations weren't enough for fun during our Massachusetts visit, Maggie and Peter decided to tie the knot on 27 December! This celebration was wonderful and allowed us to see many friends and family.


I'll have to admit that I enjoy being part of the prep work without the stress factor of being the bride. Maggie did wonderfully, and only tried to run away a couple of times! I was constantly checking all exits to see if she was trying to escape.

Once safely inside the restaurant, where the wedding would take place, I made sure the windows were locked and enjoyed catching up with people.


John and Paula, neighbors of Maggie's for many many years in Bridgewater (I can't say that now without thinking "We are BR" very soon after, thanks Anne!)


Steve and Beth, Hubby's uncle and aunt.


The majority of the Dowling clan, making sure Uncle Joe has his props for the magic show later on that night.


The JP treated us to a full mass, including communion, all while standing, it was wonderful. Maggie and Peter were hitched with the help of Maggie's life long friend Judy and Peter's son Stewart.


The new couple complete with kids and their spouses. For the benefit of my Mom, the people you may not recognize are, Jessica, Peter's daughter, Stewart, Peter's son, and Stewart's wife Chrissy.


It was all Peter could do not to run off with the top of the cake and eat it all by himself. The cake was delish, chocolate and vanilla with mouse inside. Yummy!


Harrison was kind enough to DD for his family for that night and Jenny was nice enough to keep her brother company while she pretended her inebriated family were the most charming people in the world and laughed at all their jokes, even the unintelligible ones.


Communion glasses raised, this was the beginning of the end for many.


"Maggie, there's something I failed to mention before the wedding....."


"...my daughter-in-law is a devoted Giants fan!" Chrissy walked into the lions den, or Patriot Place in this case, and didn't bat an eye, brave girl.


In my current condition I got my first taste at enjoying my new found status as "driver". "What no pineapple juice for Anne's cocktails? I'll be back in a jip!" "It's after 1am, already? I had no idea. I'm ready whenever you guys are, no rush."

When we finally did make it back to the house I was rocked to sleep while Anne, Sean, and Hubby enjoyed game after game after game after game after game of Wii tennis and boxing.

We had a wonderful time at the wedding and after party, the food, friends, and family were great.

You would think that after the wedding we were finished celebrating, but not a chance. We finished our visit celebrating Anne's birthday with a party at Bill's. We watched football and ate way too much. Unfortunately my eyes were only half open after the previous night, so my camera never made it to my hands. Despite no pictures, we had a lot of fun and enjoyed every bit of being spoiled.

The poll from last blog had a couple of jokesters, Anne and Hubby, voted for the wrong team and Don waited to vote until after the game was finished to choose a team. Better luck to OU next year, surely after five bowl loses they will be due a win.

This week, who do you think will win the Superbowl? You don't have long to vote, on Monday I go in to see the baby's private parts, and then eagerly announce Boy or Girl!

5 comments:

Nurse Horrible said...

That was a very classy way of ending your post. Looks like it was all fun!

Don said...

They do know how to party in Bean Town. We couldn't even stay up until midnight for NYE! Plan your next vacation for Cinci and we'll have you in bed by 9:00, shortly before we turn in.

We'll anxiously await seeing the next episode of Private Parts.

Maxanna said...

I LOVE WEDDINGS! And this one of course was so much fun- because Maggie does fun better than anyone I know. And I LOVE MAGGIE'S DRESS- WOW! And when did Jenny grown up- Oh my- I didn't realize how much time had passed- and she is so cute. And the Bride and Groom certainly have a handsome family- and thanks Brandy on the "name tags". So Congratulations to the Maggie and Peter. And thanks to you Brandy for this delightful story to warm a very cold winter night in Cincy!

Amber said...

I love your blog, very funny! I liked your dress at their wedding!

Anonymous said...

The pics are great and certainly capture the moment. Your commentary was right on. The best part about the whole weekend was having our families home with us. We both realize how lucky we are to spend any time we can with all of you. Can't wait till the next blog...I am itching to shop!!!
Love,Maggie