Reeder and I check out the guest bed!
In preparation for their visit, I decided a chocolate cake was in order. This being my first, Hubby's help was indispensable...
"Honey, of course I'd rather be here cooling the icing, than on the couch watching football."
Unfortunately, as with many of my first baking attempts, something goes awry...this time it was the icing, it never solidified beyond the consistency of milk. Fortunately, Betty Crocker has a solution, and icing was only a grocery store trip away.
Finished product...delish!
We throughly enjoyed their company and were happy to provide them a break from the car during their trip from Colorado back home to California.
Poll results from last blog....60% think the Pats will make the playoffs without quarterback Tom Brady! It will be interesting to see if Bellicheck's "genius" comes through. We certainly hope so.
This week, I've come up with a poll that has multiple answers....Nurse Horrible....
Finally, we'd like to say goodbye to Grandma Lucas, matriarch of the Lucas clan. Always wonderful to be around and a great wit.

We love you.
3 comments:
that cake looks delish! the kids are cute too! i hope the dogs didn't mind sharing you with reeder and hayes for the night!
All of this travel has put us so far behind in our blogging. Sounds like a wonderful visit, spare rooms, chocolate cake, and balancing babies. What could be better?
Mom would have loved your final good-bye.
Say, what happened to my vote for Apple Pie???? I voted last week and now it's gone. Did I have a hanging chad?
Post a Comment