We've been trying to get Mikayla interested in table food and so far she's having none of it! When Grama was here she tried a little bit of avocado and Mikayla looked as though she had been poisoned. Even more surprising was that she turned down chocolate chip cookie cake that she was given at day care during a birthday party. I didn't think that was possible for a Kappel/Broadbent hybrid!
So I've been trying to get her interested in raisins and I've finally started to have a little bit of luck.
Here are a couple videos of my trying to get the kiddo to eat a raisin....
The fact that she isn't squishing up her face in agony is a huge improvement.
Eventually the raisin got stuck on her tongue and she couldn't get it off! We solved the problem by feeding her baby fruit and it washed down the raisin.
We'll have to keep trying so that she can tackle chocolate cupcakes for her first birthday!
7 comments:
She is just toooo adorable..perhaps a chocolate covered raisinet?? LOL It is so much fun to watch her figure out how to chew!! Thank you for taping that!!
Grammy Maggie
PS Peter says does she know about the 4 second rule??
She is absolutly ADORABLE, I can't beleive she is already eating table foood....or trying to eat table food. I cant' wait to get my hands on her!!
Aunt Annie
I love this! Oh my- so cute! And what work! That adorable baby is not into just "shoveling" it all in! And I do have the picture of the attempt with the avocado that I'll send- she was NOT HAPPY!
Grama Max
She is so cute! She needs to get working on that real food so she will be ready for her birthday!
OMG she is SO cute! I love the internet! Thanks for posting that Brandy. I loved watching it. :)
She'll figure it out. Those strained baby food meals have gotten her spoiled. She'll be eating apples by this summer.
Best movie I've seen all year! Mesmerizing!
-Aunt K.
Post a Comment